Below is a listing of County roads which are currently closed or under construction in Manatee County. This page is frequently updated as information becomes available.
MANATEE COUNTY LOCAL ROAD CLOSURES:
- COUNTY-WIDE motorists are asked to use caution in the vicinity of any utility pole upgrade projects. FPL is undergoing a major retrofit of trunk distribution power lines across the County, and occasional lane closures and delays in these areas should be anticipated. Please use caution.
- At Ft. Hamer Rd, Golf Course Rd, and Mulholland Rd, motorists should use caution and expect possible delays, as this section of roadway is undergoing an upgrade in anticipation of the new Ft. Hamer bridge crossing, which will be open early 2017.
- At Upper Manatee River Rd, drivers are also asked to use caution and expect potential delays for these roadway improvements which are also associated with the new bridge.
- 9th St W southbound lane will be closed at the 301 Blvd W split. Motorists may make the right turn to continue south at the signal on 301 Blvd W. This is for the Wares Creek Improvement Project which is continuing in the area.
- Myakka Rd Bridge at Myakka Rd (in Sarasota County) will be undergoing replacement from July 20th to September 2017. One lane will be maintained at all times during construction, but motorists should plan for possible delays coming from Clay Gulley Rd. See link: Myakka Rd Bridge Project Bulletin
- Due to the 44th Ave Project Expansion that is ongoing in the area, 39th St E south from 38th Ave E will be closed to through traffic. Also, the current 44th Ave E that runs between 39th St E and 45th St E also will remain closed to through traffic. See link here for more information: 44th Ave Closure Map
- Lockwood Ridge Rd just south of SR 70 will be experiencing a right turn lane expansion, starting end of January, as a result of sitework for the new Wawa's and WalMart Grocery. Drivers are asked to use caution and expect possible delays.
- 51st St W will be closed starting February 8th for the new gravity system replacement project, from 9th Ave Dr W to 18th Ave W. Detours will be in place, and drivers are asked to use caution and expect possible delays.
- The Ft. Hamer Park Boat Ramp will be closed for the next 6 months due to new park and boat ramp improvements that are underway.
- The Green Bridge (Business US 41) will be closed from 6 am to 11 pm on February 6th, for the Bradenton River Regatta Event.
I-75 (SR 93) / University Parkway Diverging Diamond Interchange (DDI) (Sarasota/Bradenton):
FDOT anticipates a temporary detour route on University Parkway at the Northbound I-75 on-ramp at night/overnight Monday, February 8 through Thursday, February 11.
Construction project: Crews are widening the roadway to a four-lane divided highway; constructing sidewalk; installing highway lighting; constructing medians, and improving drainage. Crews are working Monday through Saturday, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. A daytime northbound turn lane closure may be set up along US 301 south of CR 675 (Rutland Road). All northbound and southbound through lanes will be open. Diversions of driveways and lane shifts may be in place adjacent to the work and shoulder closures will be set up throughout the project for delivery and hauling of materials and various work operations along the project corridor. Russell Engineering, Inc. is the contractor. Expected completion is fall 2016.
Watch for trucks entering and leaving the highway. Crews are driving pile during the daytime north of University Parkway. The contractor is widening the bridge at Foley Creek, widening the shoulder, installing barrier wall, and installing drainage pipe along I-75 and University Parkway. Crews continue clearing within the right-of-way and placing embankment. Watch for changes in the speed limit. Speeding fines double when workers are present.
Improvements being made as part of this project consist of constructing a diverging diamond interchange, adding an auxiliary lane on northbound and southbound I-75, constructing new bridges on I-75 over University Parkway, widening of University Parkway, widening of I-75 bridges over Errie Creek and Foley Creek, realignment of on-ramps and off-ramps at I-75/University Parkway, addition of ponds, drainage improvements, new lighting and signalization, construction of a noise wall on the west side of I-75, sidewalks, bike lanes, and pedestrian walkways. Expected completion is fall 2017. The contractor is Prince Contracting, LLC. For additional information, please visit the project website at http://www.swflroads.com/i75/university/US 301 from CR 675 to Moccasin Wallow Road:
US 301 at I-75: Construction project: Crews working on the signals and pedestrian crossing at 60th Street. AJAX Paving is the contractor. Expected completion is spring 2016.
US 41 from I-275 to the Hillsborough County Line and at Piney Point Road and Dock Street (Port Manatee): Construction project: Crews are reconstructing portions of the roadway with concrete; removing old asphalt and resurfacing the roadway; installing a new traffic signal at the I-275 westbound off-ramp to US 41; improving drainage; constructing sidewalks; installing guardrail, highway lighting and landscaping, and installing new signing and pavement markings. Crews are working on embankment, excavation, drainage, stabilization, asphalt base, structural asphalt, concrete pavement construction and signalization. Construction activities are going on both during the day and at night. Motorists should use caution while travelling through construction zones and be mindful of the new traffic pattern. The speed limit is reduced to 50MPH. Expect possible nighttime/overnight lane closures from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. Estimated completion is late 2016. The contractor is Pepper Contracting Services, Inc.
US 41 from 63rd Avenue West to 53rd Avenue West: Construction project: Crews are constructing sidewalk; improving drainage; installing lighting, and placing new signs and pavements markings. Expect daytime southbound outside lane closures from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at SR 70/53rd Avenue and at Bayshore Boulevard Monday, February 8 through Friday, February 12. Expect nighttime/overnight lane closures within 600 feet of signalized intersections from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m. while crews are working. FDOT allows daytime lane closures not within 600 feet of signalized intersections between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. and from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m. while crews are working. Highway Safety Devices is the contractor. Expected completion is late spring 2016.
SR 789 from 27th Street to SR 64: Construction project: Crews are constructing sidewalk and new bus shelters, making drainage improvements, and installing new signing and pavement markings. Expect daytime lane closures and flagging operations from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. while crews are working. LAS Contracting Corporation is the contractor. Expected completion is early 2016.
SR 789 at the Longboat Key Drawbridge: Bridge maintenance project: Crews are working on the bridge. Expect nighttime/overnight intermittent north and southbound lane closures from 9 p.m. each night to 5 a.m. each morning Monday, February 15 through Wednesday, February 17. Use caution and expect possible delays.
SR 684 (Cortez Road) from 51st Street West to the Cortez Bridge: Maintenance contracts project: Crews are cleaning storm water pipes. Expect nighttime/overnight east and westbound lane closures from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. through mid-March 2016. Use caution and expect possible delays.
SR 70 at 15th Street East: Maintenance permit project: Crews are replacing power poles. Expect right-turn lane closures from eastbound SR 70 to southbound 15th Street East and westbound left-turn lane closures to southbound SR 70 through Friday, February 12. Use caution while in the area and expect possible delays.
SR 70 from 46th Street to 45th Street: Maintenance permit project: Crews are constructing a driveway. Expect intermittent outside westbound lane closures from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. through Friday, February 12. Use caution and expect possible delays.
SR 70 east of Verna Road: Maintenance permit project: Crews are replacing power poles. Expect eastbound lane closures and flagging operations from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. through Thursday, February 18. Use caution and expect possible delays.
SR 64 at Village Green Parkway: Construction project: Crews are making roadway improvements and working on traffic signals. Expect nighttime/overnight lane closures from 7:30 p.m. to 6:30 a.m. while crews are working. Florida Safety Contractors is the contractor. Expected completion is spring 2016.