Manatee County Salutes Our Veterans for Their Service
Table of Contents
| || |
At the Manatee County Veterans Services Division, trained service officers assist Veterans, spouses and/or children to apply and obtain federal, state and local benefits depending on their eligibility. Service Officers are thoroughly familiar with the laws of the Federal Veterans Assistance system and the State of Florida regarding Veterans benefits. We assist Veterans in communication with county, state and federal agencies with a variety of Veterans issues ranging from education and home ownership to disability and pension compensation benefits. All information shared between the Veteran and the Service Officers is considered privileged and is held in strict confidence.
|We provide these services at NO CHARGE to Veterans and their families. |
Veteran outreach services are also in place to assist those Veterans who are homebound and cannot physically come to the office for services due to their current health condition.
Service Officers conduct numerous speaking engagements to a variety of organizations throughout Manatee County to educate Veterans and their dependents about VA benefits and entitlements.
For services provided by the Veterans Services Division call (941) 749-3030 or e-mail a Veterans Services Specialist: email@example.com
Active Military Combat Duty Grant Program
- Who may qualify for the Active Military Combat Duty Grant Program? Military personnel, including active duty, activated guard duty or activated reserve duty personnel who own or owned property in Manatee County upon which they have homestead exemption and who served for any length of time in a designated combat zone during or subsequent to the 2003 tax year and any qualifying unremarried surviving spouse.
- What may applicants apply for? Reimbursement of the lesser of up to $1,500 or the actual amount of the Board of County Commissioners' portion of the Ad Valorem Tax bill for each year for which they qualify.
- How long do applicants have to apply? Four years following the year during which the qualifying military personnel served in a designated combat zone. The first year for which they may qualify is the 2003 Ad Valorem Tax Year.
- Who administers the Program? The Veterans Services Division of the Manatee County Community Services Department at 1112 Manatee Ave. W., Suite 300, Bradenton, FL 34205.
- How do potential applicants obtain additional information to determine if they qualify for this Program? Please call (941) 749-3030, ask for a Veterans Services Specialist and mention the Active Combat Duty Grant Program.
- Note: The grant will continue until funds are no longer available.
A look into our program . . .
With more than 40,000 Veterans residing in Manatee County, the Manatee County Veterans Service Office is an important link in helping Veterans and their dependents obtain the earned benefits they so greatly deserve. Our office is committed to providing you professional assistance and guidance throughout your entire VA claim process. There is absolutely no fee or cost for our services or for the submission of a claim for VA benefits. These have been paid in full by your service.
Here in Manatee County, we appreciate our Veterans for their service and sacrifice and are happy to assist. You will always be treated with respect, courtesy, and compassion while at our office. Again, thank you for your service and we hope to hear from you in the near future.
For services provided by the Veterans Service Division, please call: (941) 749-3030 or email a Veterans Service Officer at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Do I qualify?
You may use our services if you are one of the following:
- Veteran's dependent
- Surviving spouse or child
- Reservist or National Guard member
- Active duty service member
How can the program help?
We offer expert guidance and help in:
- understanding the complete claim process
- rules and regulations of the VA system
- what is necessary for an effective VA claim
- how to appeal a claim that has been denied
- how to apply for other state and local benefits
Some time limits do apply to health care, vocational rehabilitation and education benefits, so be sure to ask about your eligibility.
The benefits we can assist you with:
- Active Military Combat Duty Grant Program
- Compensation and Pension
- Education Benefits
- Funeral Benefits
- Health Care
- Home Loans
- Life Insurance
- Property Tax Exemption
- Survivor Benefits
- Veterans Preference
- Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment Services
We may be able to assist with obtaining the following documents:
- Death certificate
- Discharge papers
- Medical records
- Upgrading military discharges
How do I apply?
Please call to make an appointment at our office at (941) 749-3030
Manatee County Administration Building
1112 Manatee Avenue West
Bradenton, FL 34205
Monday through Friday
8:00 am to 5:00 pm
What do I need to bring to my appointment?
What if I still have questions?
For specific information about Veteran's benefits, you may call 1-(800) 827-1000 or visit www.va.gov.